Legal weddings in Italy, where and in which way ?

« Older   Newer »
dreamdream
view post Posted on 20/5/2006, 14:36

You have two options for having a legal wedding in Italy:
**AT A TOWN HALL IN ITALIAN WITH INTERPRETER
**AT A CHURCH OR PRIVATE LOCATION (CASTLE, VILLA, HOTEL,ETC.) celebrated by an English speaking officiant (he /she is a religious minister), recognized by the italian authority (Minister of Interlal affair)

You can have a nice wedding in one of the 480 beautiful and historic town halls all over Italy so you can plan your wedding in one of these followed by a reception at a private villa or restaurant.

Or you can organize a unique wedding with civil validity outside the town hall in a church, hotel or private castle, villa, garden, etc. with an English speaking Protestant minister and the ceremony will be legal.

The advantages to having this type of wedding are:
a) Very Simple religious paperwork is required
b) you can add your own vows, as well as poems, readings, songs and prayers
c) this ceremony is in an intimate location; in a truly special atmosphere
d) no interpreter is needed as there is an English speaking minister officiating
e) you do not need to have a civil ceremony in the town hall first
f) all types of live music are permitted unlike in most churches and town halls

Silviegirl
view post Posted on 4/6/2006, 21:08

where can I find this officiant ? I may have found him/her through Regency , please confirm if this is what you are talking about as this is exactly what I am looking for. I am working with Ms Sharon, have you ever heard of her? sorry too many questions....but I am finding this forum so useful , and I would appreciate if you could let me have as many info as possible on the agency that plans such weddings. thanks a million ^_^

dreamdream
icon1  view post Posted on 4/6/2006, 22:31

Hi Silviegirl ! I think we are talking about the same company !!!! Yes you are working with the only company can do this in Italy.

Don't worry; look at the web site of CNN

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TRAVEL/ADVISOR/05/...ings/index.html

The only company they suggest in Italy is the one you know !!

bye bye

myladyny
view post Posted on 25/11/2006, 22:55

Hi , weddings in Italy wrote that they can do weddings with civil validity in Villas . What do you think?

dreamdream
view post Posted on 25/11/2006, 23:12

myladyny , yes they are the only company who can arrange such weddings. Legal weddings in private location.

You can contact them at the web site you mentioned or you can contact one of their wedding planners i know : [email protected]

Edited by teschio toon - 23/1/2016, 00:31

srs
view post Posted on 16/12/2011, 17:58

HI, Is it still possible to get married civilly with this company? I am starting to research a wedding in Italy and read conflicting info about this.
Thanks!

teschio toon
view post Posted on 23/1/2016, 00:33

Yes it is still possible to civilly marry in a private location in Italy. You can contact that company .

6 replies since 20/5/2006, 14:36   448 views