wedding in Positano

« Older   Newer »
Wedding planner
view post Posted on 25/5/2006, 16:11

Positano is maybe the most famous and most popular of all the places along the Amalfi Coast.
The best view of Positano is from the sea, from where you can see how extremely close the houses are packed together; they are arranged into tiers and those tiers form an "amphitheatre" around the main church.

It offers you a matchless setting for your wedding: starting from typical white houses descending to the sea to quaint stairs, arcades and narrow roads leading down to the beach.
It is a small town, but there is a central area near the beach where there's a large number of shops selling local products (typical hand painted ceramics, clothes...) and cafes.

Walking toward the beach you'll find a large walkway leading toward the water which is lined with shops and artists selling watercolors of Positano.
This is a great place to spend time wandering and window shopping - you can buy typical local wedding favors for your guests, like mini-bottles of the famous Limoncello, a lemon-based liqueur, so popular all over the region.

There are so many venues for a wedding, from hotels with terraces over the sea to villas with pool and if you'd like to have a Catholic wedding there's also a beautiful Cathedral, which is a marvelous sample of Italian art!

vball
view post Posted on 25/5/2006, 16:15

Yes it's true.

Positano is maybe the most famous and most popular of all the places along the Amalfi Coast.
The best view of Positano is from the sea, from where you can see how extremely close the houses are packed together; they are arranged into tiers and those tiers form an "amphitheatre" around the main church.

It offers you a matchless setting for your wedding: starting from typical white houses descending to the sea to quaint stairs, arcades and narrow roads leading down to the beach.
It is a small town, but there is a central area near the beach where there's a large number of shops selling local products (typical hand painted ceramics, clothes...) and cafes.

Walking toward the beach you'll find a large walkway leading toward the water which is lined with shops and artists selling watercolors of Positano.
This is a great place to spend time wandering and window shopping - you can buy typical local wedding favors for your guests, like mini-bottles of the famous Limoncello, a lemon-based liqueur, so popular all over the region.

There are so many venues for a wedding, from hotels with terraces over the sea to villas with pool and if you'd like to have a Catholic wedding there's also a beautiful Cathedral, which is a marvelous sample of Italian art!

destinywed
icon1  view post Posted on 25/5/2006, 20:41

Next year I will marry in Positano.

Can You suggest a nice venue with view :( ?

Kellybride
view post Posted on 28/5/2006, 15:44

I would like to get married in Positano. Has anybody any suggestions for a good wedding planner or suggested venues and where I could hold the ceremony?
Thanks

destinywed
view post Posted on 28/5/2006, 19:22

My friend got married on the terrace at the town hall in Positano. It sits towards the top of the hill so you look out and down to the sea. It was beautiful....

Edited by destinywed - 10/4/2007, 20:00

destinywed
view post Posted on 10/4/2007, 19:05

I decided to marry on the best terrace in Positano : :wub: Villa Oliviero terrace is F A N T A S T I C !!!!!!! :woot: I will have my wedding in this stunnig private location . I have found a wedding planner who presented me this possibility.

karolaspringer
view post Posted on 26/2/2010, 16:01

Hi! Just found some amazing pictures of Weddings in Positano www.flickr.com/photos/weddingsitaly/ I'm going to get married in Italy this year and still can't decide about the location. Just too many places I like over there...The conflict is now between Tuscan wedding or ocean wedding :-)) However, looking at pictures helps!

6 replies since 25/5/2006, 16:11   502 views